Appalachian Trail backpacking trip
|« Back to calendar||« Previous Event | Next Event »|
Mt. Rogers, VA. Area– Open to those who are at least 13 years old – Philmont prep
• Sign up Mar. 17th so we can verify transportation needs are met.
• Leave Friday morning at 6:00 AM
• Return Sunday evening Mar. 30th
o Drive time is ~ 4.1 hours one way.
o Food is on your own
• Loop hike of 21 miles, 15 miles will be on the actual AT trail.
o Pick up AT at Fox Creek on SR 603
o Hike 15 miles along AT then catch Mount Rogers Trail back to vehicles.
• If you need water treatment supplies, please let Rick know prior to trip.
• We will be covering the area where the wild ponies live and the Grayson Highlands
• ~ GPS coordinates for parking vehicles 36.696576,-81.506002 Fairwood Parking Lot